We design materials to perform in many application environments.
By tapping into Cooper Standard’s research and development resources, we are able to bring advanced material solutions to new markets. We provide:
- Engineered products from a wide range of polymers and metals.
- Custom polymer compounding for specialty applications.
- Expertise to optimize material cost and performance properties for your application.
Advanced Polymer Design
Innovation in polymer material science is the cornerstone of our sealing, damping and fluid transfer solutions. Our materials include:
- EPDM - Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer
- VMQ - Silicone
- CR - Chloroprene/Neoprene
- NBR - Nitrile
- NR - Natural Rubber
- PUR - Polyurethane
- FKM - Fluoroelastomer
- FVMQ - Fluorosilicone
- TPE, TPV, TPU - Thermoplastic Elastomer
- HIPS - High Impact Polystyrene
- ABS - Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene
- PE - Polyethylene
- PA - Nylon/Polyamide
- PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride (Rigid & Flexible)
- ASA - Acrylonitrile Styrene Acrylate
- EPP - Expanded Polypropylene
- PP - Polypropylene
FortrexTM is a revolutionary material platform created by Cooper Standard for sealing applications.
A lightweight thermoset elastomer, FortrexTM offers excellent compression set characteristics, weathering and aesthetic performance with an environmentally-friendly footprint.
We build upon investments in metal material science to deliver high-quality fluid transfer and fuel and brake delivery systems. Our metal capabilities range from stainless steel to carbon coated to aluminum.
We offer coatings such as MagAlloyTM that improve longevity on fuel, brake and powertrain lines.